What's a Wine Bloggers Conference without a bit of pre-Conference activities? Well, it's still a Conference and great one at that. That was anti-climatic.
Here is a quick Top Ten list of the things I experienced before the Conference even started.
1. Wine and Beer with Tia (@wineinkbytia). We went down to Olive to taste some wines, then we got thirsty and had beers. Both beers were delicious and really hit the spot. Plus, the brews primed us for a weekend of wine, wine, and wine! The Lagunitas Censored Copper Ale was pretty tasty but our favorite was the Yakima Brewing Company's 1982 was absolutely amazing. It had a great amber color, toasty but crisp with a very refreshing finish. I hope I can find some in San Diego.
Now that I've fulfilled a promise to Tia, the list continues.
2. Olive in Walla Walla. I went back there to have a meal and it was delicious! Some of the group I was with had some pizzas and they were superb. Crisp, perfectly baked crust and a proper cheese to sauce ratio.
3. Grapevine Bus Lines. Simple, reasonably priced, air conditioned, efficient transportation between Pasco and Walla Walla. Can't complain.
4. Cornerstone Cellars (@CornerStoneNapa) for throwing a rockin' pre-Conference party. They were pouring some delicious wines and had a big group of people in their rented house. Kudos to them for showing such nice hospitality to a bunch of wine bloggers.
5. Meeting people in the lobby of the Marcus Whitman, all of them for the first time, and it evolving into a big fun wine party. Attendees I didn't even know where showing up, opening bottles and pouring for all. What a welcome!
6. The Marcus Whitman Hotel, great place to hold such an event, they had my room ready to go, clean and they even cleared out the mini-bar for us so we could store our wine in it. Well that's what Thea told me at least.
8. Going to bed at 1:30, nursing a wonderful buzz, and that excited, giddy feeling that I was embarking on something that could and would change my life and encourage my passion like nothing before it.
9. Realizing that I had not forgotten anything vital at home. I think that speaks for itself....
10. Being in Walla Walla, at the 2010 Wine Bloggers Conference. epic.