Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rushing Around Like Mad

Apologies for the delay in updating! Things have been pretty hectic here in San Diego. Unfortunately I let a few things pile up and this week was devoted to taking care of them. Next week I leave for the 2010 Wine Bloggers Conference up in Walla Walla. To say that I'm excited is an understatement, this is the culmination of the first stage of what I hope will be a writing career, one that involves plenty more wine and you enjoying my blog. Earlier this week those of us attending received the itinerary and it looks amazing. The speakers, presenters and winery lineup is going to be absolutely awesome.

If you are wondering what I've been drinking lately, I am almost ashamed to admit it hasn't been a lot of wine, or much of anything. That being said, I've had some delicious beers from Ballast Point, especially their Calico Amber Ale and Sculpin IPA. San Diego is the craft beer capital of the United States (sorry, Oregon) and the team at Ballast Point is a perfect example of why that is. Find out more about Ballast Point here.

So there you have it, a (hopefully) concise summary of why I haven't put up any wine reviews since that delicious Folie a Deux Zinfandel about two weeks ago. This brings up a question I've always wondered about, should I review every wine I taste? Or at the very least, the majority?

I'll be blogging a lot from the Wine Bloggers Conference, and I'll post pictures of all sorts of fun stuff. One thing I'm really excited about is the chance to interact with some people I've only previously "met" through Twitter and Facebook. Dan and Chas of Wine is Serious Business (check them out on facebook, well worth it) will be at the Conference and hopefully we'll get a chance to hang out and chat over some glasses of wine.

Anyways, thanks for reading, there'll be a few entries before I leave then a bunch during the Conference. It's going to be epic!

Beau Carufel

No comments:

Post a Comment